Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Brazilian Short

paulicéia CANTA, TY-ETÊ! from Céu D´Ellia on Vimeo.

This is a Brazilian short I did most of the animation of. It's called "Canta, Ty-ete" which means "Sing, Ty-ete". Tyete is the name of a famous (and very polluted)river in the city of Sao Paulo. It was directed by the very talented Ceu D'Elia and designed and storyboarded by the the outstanding artist and animator Ale Abreu. It was the first Brazilian project that I took part in more than 20 years since I left the country. I had no hesitation when director Ceu asked me if I would like to animate on it because I wanted to work in a Brazilian project for a long time. The crew also included the amazing Angelo Bonito, who painted the BGs and Gil Casserta who put it all together. The team also included a bunch of other very talented people who contributed so much to the project, take a look at the credits. I hope to do more in the future.

6 comments:

  1. That's incredible! You all did an amazing jog on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out pretty nice Sandro, kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great short short, Sandro! Congrats for everybody involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that's great, Mr. Cleuzo! You should do more
    of the great traditional stuff in the future.

    I say, congrats to everybody involved in this picture!

    What I liked about it is that this particular river is polluted and
    that we wished we and the Brazilians could do something about it.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I almost forgot! We DID see your name in the credits. And furthermore, we would like to see your pencil test for this film

    ReplyDelete