Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fun Animation From The Past

Animation used to be so much fun in the past. Take a look at this and tell me if it is not a great piece of animation. I don't know who produced it but I need to find out. If somebody knows, please write to me. UPDATE: Foud out some info about the animator: Mac Perro, by Carlos Costantini Carlos Costantini was born in Buenos Aires. A varied artist, he worked as comics artist, animator, illustrator and musician. As a comics artist, he drew for the magazines Matralla, Tia Vicenta, 4 Patas, Satiricón and the juvenile magazine Billiken, as well as its supplement El Clan de Mac Perro. As an animator, he created among others 'Doña Tele', 'Barbeta y Grunchi', and 'Mac Perro'. The latter became the title character of the Billiken supplement El Clan de Mac Perro in the 1970s. Costantini drew comics with 'Mac Perro', while the Branca-Fernández tandem took on comics with Costanini's other animation creations, 'Doña Tele' and 'Barbeta y Grunchi'.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I haven't seen this since I was a kid! it used to air on one of the Spanish stations in New York City in the 1970s-1980s after the kids programs ended for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer: another clip, plus the animator's name - Carlos Constantini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jUj3OYwJm0

    And more about Sr. Constantini (aha, he DOES have an illustration background): http://ignaciocarlosochoa.blogspot.com/2009/02/carlos-constantini.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Bien hecho! Dude, that's great that you knew where to find that! Good work!

      Delete
    2. Hey Joecab, thanks so much for the information. If you find more, let me know. Much appreciated.
      Best.

      Delete
  3. Thanks to both for these amazing beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignacio Ochoa turned me on to this awesome artist a while back. If you've already followed Joecab's links you will have seen some AMAZING stuff he has posted on Constantini. A virtuoso cartoonist for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stuff! His style reminds me of Al Kilgore's "Bullwinkle" strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Will, I am starting to learn more about this great artist from Ignacio's blog. The artist is from Argentina, our neighbor here in South America, but I never heard of him before. I am sure there are many more fantastic artists that we never heard about around the World. Internet is so great for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandro. I´m surprised to find Mac Perro here. I visited your blog usually and it was really a surprise to know that you has visited my blog too. I will try to find more info about Carlos Constantini to share.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting what we can find out or discover out there we never saw before (or saw faintly like the New Yorker children seeing the Mac Perro clip above). Growing up in Ohio, I never knew the world of cartoons and animation out there outside of what might get picked up and aired up here.

      Delete
  8. Genial!!!!! he crecido disfrutando estos dibujos, con el tiempo he abrazado esta linda profesión (la de dibujante) y tuve la suerte de coincidir con Carlos en los Estudios de Jaime Diaz en Buenos Aires en donde animaba las escenas musicales. Lindo recuerdo y mis felicitaciones por tus trabajos, muy inspiradores.
    Desde Buenos Aires un gran abrazo, Fabián.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This topic is pretty good and the buy wow gold writer's views are unique and not so hard to understand.I like it buy gold on wow very much, and by the wow gold way I want to share some interesting and very useful websites to you:www.safewow.com! Iam sure you can find out funny things there.

    ReplyDelete