Monday, September 19, 2011

Home on the Range Stuff

This character above is Rico, a bounty hunter.  The design was created by Joe Moshier and I just helped doing some poses to develop him further and help the animators.

Esse personagem acima e Rico, um cacador de recompensas.  O design foi criado por Joe Moshier e eu somente ajudei com desenhos para desenvolve-lo mais e para ajudar os animadores.
One of the characters that I supervised was the sheriff and it was a fun character to do.  Below, seven extremes from a short scene.

Um dos personagens que supervisionei no filme foi o xerife e ele foi bem legal de fazer.  Abaixo, sete extremos de uma pequena cena do filme.


Below is a character that did not make it into the final film.  It was going to be the Sheriff's horse.  It was based on a design by Carter Goodrich. 

Abaixo esta um personagem que acabou nao aparecendo no filme.  Ele teria sido o cavalo do xerife.  Ele foi baseado em um design de Carter  Goodrich.

14 comments:

  1. Incredible stuff, I always loved the animation in this film! Great resemblance to the Woolie Reitherman films, as well as modern influences on design and animation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work, Sandro. The whole design and look of the film was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joe moshier is an incredible designer...but MAAN these are great animation keys!

    i love seeing your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great movie... one in my collection. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Sandro :)

    I put your drawings together in a little pencil test, you can watch it here

    http://dentitov.blogspot.com/2011/09/home-on-range.html

    And, if you don't mind, I have a question: What do you think about nowadays animators, are they better then Disney Nine Old Men? Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uma pena ter perdido sua aula aqui em sampa cleuzo.
    Esses desenhos tão demais!!!
    Parabens!

    Bernardo
    www.delaburns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the nice comments, I appreciate them.

    Denis, to answer your question, I do not think today animators are better than the 9 Old Men. To me, they animated better. I have not seen better animation than Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians and others.

    Bernardo, nao foi aula nao, foi so um bate papo. espero um dia voce me visitar la no meu estudio.
    Abraco.

    Sandro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your line quality is design always make me drool, thanks so much for everything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to rewatch this feature again as at the time it was released I was too caught up in the real world to appreciate it. I also admit that much of my disinterest was likely due to my difficulty in having Rosanne Barr perform as a cow in the feature. Sorry but... that was a tough pill to swallow for me. A similar voice casting scheme almost ruined 'Emperor's New Groove' for me. But after the first viewing that movie bounced back for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Sandro!I really enjoyed the key frames!Best wishes and keep inspiring us to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The drawing of Rico on horse is stunning. A beautiful pose, completely at rest but charged with energy. Of course, the keys of the sheriff are also beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá, Sandro. Sou de São Paulo e estou estudando animação nos Estados Unidos. Você tem algum e-mail que eu possa entrar em contato? Gostaria de bater um papo com você. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandro! Tá muito animal, como sempre! Abraços!

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazzzzinnngggggg ahhhhhh. awesome work.

    ReplyDelete