Friday, June 17, 2011

Proud Family Animation Reference Scenes

The Proud Family Animation Reference from Sandro Cleuzo on Vimeo.

The Proud Family Animation Reference 2 from Sandro Cleuzo on Vimeo.


In 2004 I was hired to do some work for The Proud Family Movie. My studio actually produced 3 minutes of BG layouts, animation, cleanup, EFX and even a little CGI for an alternate ending to the film that was included on the DVD.

I also did some animation of the characters dancing based on the live action dancers. It was to guide the Korean animators who were doing the animation of the entire feature.

Above you can see 2 of those scenes. I only did the key drawings for reference and the rest was finished in Korea. The director, Bruce Smith, told me to work closely with the live action video reference.

The idea in the movie is that the characters are having a "dance battle".

6 comments:

  1. great videos..nice blog something informative....
    Animation Degree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff!

    www.icandrawthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandro. I always enjoy these behind the scenes insights and this one is is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the dance-off with the peanuts... man, that was a weird movie.

    ReplyDelete