Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I do simple animation too

Animation can be so complex and time consuming, specially in the Disney style, that sometimes I welcome an easy project that allow me to animate simple stuff.
These are scenes from an European short that I animated a while ago. The character designs were so simple, just geometric shapes really, that I was able to finish one or two of these a day.
I really like to do animation like this once in a while.

Untitled from sandro lucio on Vimeo.


Untitled from sandro lucio on Vimeo.


Untitled from sandro lucio on Vimeo.

12 comments:

  1. These look really lovely, especially the nice pantomime acting for the first clip - very expressive for a simplified design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully simplistic, and funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandro! So simple yet so effective! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and elegant. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work Sandro, thank you for uploading these! Your chicken scenes are among my favourite shots in the film. For anyone who's interested: a coloured version of test #1 can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimationWorksNL#p/u/10/QmXGwKCFYjQ

    ReplyDelete