Sunday, January 31, 2010

Animated Tiger

These are some of the hundreds of drawings I did for the Tiger Woods Gatorade commercial that, unfortunately was canceled and never shown again after a couple of weeks that it aired on TV in the US.
The commercial was produced by Pepper films and co-directed by my good friend, the talented Rune Bennicke, who also designed the young Tiger and the bear.  The animation was done in Spain at Sergio Pablos studio, Animagic.
I was hired to do layout poses, model sheets and key drawings for the animators and here are some of them. The bear in blue lines are for the model sheet and the young Tiger drawings were key drawings to help the animators keep their scenes consistent.  The sequence of 4 drawings with the bear walking are also key drawings for the animator of the scene.
It was a fun project to work on.

17 comments:

  1. I love your animation and your drawings! So solid! It's always a pleasure, keep posting man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is awesome! These are really good stuff....love it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. your drawing are so cool! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for sharing this! I learn a lot! Keep doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so excited when I DID manage to catch this commercial States-side. I'm glad I got the chance to see it!

    These sketches are fantastic. The fun you had shines right through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, those are some amazing drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found the commercial on Vimeo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this commercial and loved the entire thing. It's rare to see animation of this quality even in commercials anymore. You did amazing work there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I remember this ad!
    I actually did up an article on it over at CG Hub after I saw it.

    http://cghub.com/blog/view/woods-of-wisdom/

    Great stuff my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for those beautifull drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are fantastic thanks for posting these! This commercial was awesome btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mental image of Sandro slapping forehead with a Homer Simpson "Dohh!" upon hearing the Tiger scandal break.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your art and the way your drawings acts is very inspiring!
    and thanks for the Milt Kahl days, hope this go on!

    ReplyDelete